Dyson College of Arts and Sciences

Dyson Year in Review 2022-23

Dyson College of Arts and Sciences

Issue link: http://dysoncollege.uberflip.com/i/1506322

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 2 of 31

W W W. P A C E . E D U / D Y S O N 1 FROM THE OFFICE OF THE DEAN The Beauty of the Liberal Arts: Impacting Lives T here is an inherent beauty in the richness of the liberal a s—from a to science to the humanities to social science, its impact is far reaching and underscored by the many creative and diverse ways that the Dyson community is reaching new heights and positively impacting lives. The accomplishments of our students, faculty, staff, and alumni are a testament to the positive influence a liberal a s education can have on our world. I am always proud to share the many successes our community has achieved in each Dyson Year in Review issue. And this year, Dyson College alumni have won Emmy Awards, our faculty have found new ways of collaborating and innovating that enrich student learning experiences, and our students have leveraged a priceless gi of historic news photography to the university that allowed them new ways to creatively connect the past to the present, as well as to work on an exhibition of these images in the Pace University A Gallery. In other exciting news, as you may know, as of September 2023, Dyson's School of Pe orming A s and Actors Studio Drama School are now housed in the new Sands College of Pe orming A s. The College is named in recognition of a $25 million gi from Pamela and Rob Sands '84, JD, and becomes the seventh college within Pace University. Our gratitude goes to Pamela and Rob for this history-making contribution to Pace University. A liberal a s education can encourage lifelong learning and personal growth, and foster curiosity, creativity, and a desire to learn that helps individuals continue to grow throughout their lives, both personally and professionally. We see this in the many groundbreaking accomplishments of our alumni, some of which are captured in this issue. We also see our students benefit as they develop a deeper understanding of themselves and the world around them and gain insight into different cultures, perspectives, and ways of thinking. All this can result in greater empathy and compassion, empowering them to become more engaged members of their communities. I am thankful to witness the profound effects that a Dyson College liberal a s education can have on our students. I am also grateful for your continued suppo that enables our community to positively impact the lives of so many and provides expanding oppo unities for our students to flourish. And that is the true beauty of the liberal a s. Tresmaine R. Grimes, PhD Dean, Dyson College of A s and Sciences and School of Education

Articles in this issue

view archives of Dyson College of Arts and Sciences - Dyson Year in Review 2022-23